Introduction to KYC
Know Your Customer (KYC) is a process of identity verification, which is required for legal and regulatory purposes, as with any major exchange.
How to Verify account
1. Log in to your account, click on “Account”, and then click “Security Settings”. You can also directly visit: https://www.hotbit.io/usercenter?type=secur
2. Click “Unverified” or “Go to verify”.
3. Before you start, please prepare your identity document and make sure it is valid. We also require you to agree to our processing of your personal data,
Check “I agree to the processing of my personal data” and click “NEXT” button.
4. Select the country that issued your document and your document type.
- The photo are bright and clear, easy to read.
- All corners of the document should be visible.
- Document should occupy the majority of the picture.
2. Upload your document and click “NEXT”.
3. After uploading the file, just wait patiently for the review. The verification status will update automatically. If your KYC fails, you can check the reason and re-verify.
When You Need to Provide KYC
KYC is not required on Hotbit when you register, trade and withdraw. Users need to save their own 2FA code. Hotbit has a strict risk control system to ensure the security of all users assets in the platform. If the system verifies that a user has triggered a higher risk control system, Hotbit has the right to ask the user to provide KYC to ensure the security of all users funds in the platform. Therefore, you will need to provide KYC in the following situations:
1. Applying for resetting Google Authenticator Verification, SMS Verification and changing Email Verification
The user who submitted the application needs to provide the corresponding KYC and other information according to Hotbits resetting and changing requirements to complete the reset application.
2. Trigger Risk Control System
Hotbit will strictly protect users KYC data and will not use it for any other purpose.